Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Malaysia ~ I Once Knew

Well, sitting here today, trying to update my blog with positive news to share with my friends and fellow students. But while reading today's newspaper, I suddenly felt confused with the fact that the news are so scary and terrifying; that I don't recognize the country I once live in.

1) Murders and more murders. Seems like life is no value anymore. Murder of a Datuk, an Uztazah and her 10 year-old son....etc

2) Suicide

3) Runaway teenagers

4) Racism? Please stop being manipulated by this agenda. It never happens in real life. Who is even free to think about this except those opportunists in Malaysia political arena?

5) Nadal became the US Open champion-finally. So the debate is on: Nadal or Federer?

Yeah the only news I kind of like is Nadal holding the trophy and not Djokovic. Never like Joker.

You see? So many issues to write about and so many complains to listen to.

A parent even wrote in to The Star to urge Government to emphasize moral and religious studies in school. And all this while I thought, IT IS THE JOB OF THE PARENTS AND FAMILY TO EDUCATE THE KIDS SINCE THEY ARE SMALL? They shouldn't have wait till primary school to educate their own kids on these issues.

Let me quote an example:

I was sitting in my parked car in Setia Alam. Obviously my car is parked in a legal space. A BMW suddenly stopped illegally beside my car and it was by the roadside, blocking at least a lane where car can move. Ignoring all the MORAL issues, the father stopped the engine, the mother came down with a son and a daughter. And to my whole life amazement, the mother spitted onto the grass in front of her kids, and you can even see the spit hanging by her mouth. Gross? What is uglier is that the parents don't even care what the kids will learn from what they are seeing with their own eyes.

So tell me, whose fault is this? How about parents who drive and their kids are left unseated and no belt on? How about parents who bring their kids to jump queue in shopping mall? How about parents who let their kids scold them in the public?

And these are the moral issues that end up making Malaysia a worse place than before.

Parents nowadays are supposedly to be higher educated than my parents, but it seems like the I-Don't-Care attitude is getting out-of-hand.

And then I saw a comment on FB saying that "I have freedom, so I say what I want.". And I wonder whether these kids know what they are saying.

Try saying that to your superior or boss, and expect to be fired on the spot or you might even ended up getting a real slap.

I have to emphasize again: Freedom is free but respect is to be earned. Freedom is free but it should not be misused.

No comments: